Bring on the Bling

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wanderlust

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain


Now that I've been home from Europe for over a month, I finally feel like I'm getting a little more settled into my new phase of life. I will never be the same again. J.R.R. Tolkien once said, "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand there is no going back." I've changed for the better, and I love that. Now that I'm in that sort of head space, I can more fully appreciate the things that I experienced preparing for, and during my time abroad.

I've spent some time looking over my blog posts from Europe and I am instantly back in another world. As I'm getting settled in my new digs, I begin to find little treasures from Germany and other places: a metro pass from Prague, a sea shell from Kiel, a candy wrapper from Krakow. I feel so blessed that I have these memories and friends for life.

No comments :

Post a Comment