Bring on the Bling

Thursday, June 5, 2014

My First 30 Years...

Tonight is the eve of my 30th birthday. Wow. Where did the time go? At first, I wasn't making a big deal about the fact that it is the big 3-0. To me, it's just another day. However, after friends and coworkers kept talking about it, I've started to get hyped about it. One of the biggest questions I've been getting has been "how are you going to celebrate?" Well, I'm going to dinner with some friends and family tomorrow night at my favorite place, Alamexo. Next weekend, I'll be heading back to SoCal for Curtis' graduation and my big family dinner at North Woods Inn. Plus, I'm going to Europe. Pretty sure that's the best celebration ever.

As I'm getting ready to turn 30, I've been thinking about what I've been up to these last few decades. I'm not married with kids, don't have the career of my dreams, don't own my own house, and am fairly poor. Still, I'm super happy with my life and where I'm at. I decided to go back to my beginning and make a list of the top 30 things that I'm most excited about that have happened in my life. Here they are in no particular order:


  1. Graduated from High School (go Bearcats!)
  2. High School Marching Band Drum Major
  3. Played in a band for President Clinton
  4. Bought and paid off my first car
  5. Earned a Bachelor's Degree (History) and 2 teaching certificates (CBEST & TESOL)
  6. Went parasailing
  7. Played softball in college
  8. Caught a foul ball at a Dodger game
  9. Became an auntie to the 2 cutest little girls
  10. Learned to speak 6 different languages
  11. Had a solo at a choir concert
  12. Became the Stake Music chair in downtown SLC
  13. Earned an awesome reputation for throwing awesome parties
  14. Worked at Disney's California Adventure
  15. Moved to a different state with nothing but a job waiting for me
  16. Experienced my first NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NHL games
  17. Took a horse-riding class and learned to barrel ride
  18. Booked my first solo trip to the Czech Republic and Poland pre-Germany
  19. Sang in a German choir
  20. Went through the temple
  21. Became a Scholar-Athlete and lettered in High School for track & field (shot-put & discus)
  22. Was printed in the "Who's Who in America's High Schools" multiple times
  23. Discovered that I can sing, even though people told me I never could
  24. Played sports since the age of 4, even though I was born without hip sockets
  25. Pulled the sword from the stone at Disneyland and became "Queen Rachelle" for a day
  26. Became one of only 2 rollerbladers at Disney's California Adventure
  27. Became an accompanist for elementary school choirs
  28. Hiked a volcano
  29. Sang in the Tabernacle in Temple Square
  30. Fed stingrays in the Caribbean
There are plenty more experiences that have happened in my life that have shaped who I am. I think what everything boils down to is this: I am happy, I am confident in myself, I know what I want in life and how to get it, and I am strong. I can't wait for the new adventures that await me in my years to come!
Alameda, CA for Natalie's 30th Birthday

Newport Beach, CA Family Christmas Card Photo Shoot

Libby Gardner Hall, University of Utah SLSC choir concert

SLC, UT Moving Day to River Run!!

Candlestick Park, SF - Broncos at 49ers

Waiting for TRAX, SLC, UT


Maverick Center, SLC - Gabriel Iglesias show

City Creek Center, SLC, UT

NYE party 2013/2014

Seattle, WA


Snoqualmie Falls, Washington

New Orleans, LA

Pepper Palace, New Orleans

I didn't suck the head...New Orleans, LA

No comments :

Post a Comment