Bring on the Bling

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

4th of July Weekend

I. Love. Fireworks. I've always loved them. Most people I know love them as well. I have been spoiled, working at Disney. Every night, for 3 years, I got to watch amazing firework shows. Even before then, we had awesome fireworks at BYU-Idaho. When I lived in Idaho, I loved that we could set off fireworks for the 4th and 24th of July. I would always save my money for months in order to purchase a handful of fireworks. Now that I'm living in Utah, I still save up a few months to spend way too much on them. The best part? I love that my niece is old enough to stay up and light some with me!

Last year I was on the other side of the world and wasn't able to set off my own fireworks. I wanted to make up for it this year, so I flew my "little" brother, Curtis, up for the weekend. I had most of the fireworks purchased, but let him pick out a big finale firecracker. He didn't disappoint.

We spent a lot of time in Provo with our sister's family and Curtis got to meet his nephew. It was really precious to see the 2 together. And the girls loved that he was so tall and could jump on their "horsey" whenever he was close to the ground or a couch. We also went to the Provo street fair and cooked in the sun. Awesome.

Mass photo upload in 3...


2......






1....................





Of course we got them animal balloons! Unicorns to be exact...

Wasn't too sure about Iron Man at first...


She wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel, and was okay until we got about halfway up. Poor thing!






Life is hard...

Oh, he's getting so big! He doesn't sit still any more...I put him on his back and turned around...

I guess I should explain the next few pictures. Russ's work has Nerf wars all of the time, so he's always on the lookout for blasters. He and Curtis went up to Cottonwood Heights to pick up a few monsters...






Little girlies couldn't really hold them up for very long...

E couldn't wait to get ahold of one of the sparklers!

#nofear

Big girl got to help light a few of the smaller fireworks (mainly flowers)


Curtis liked to light 6-8 flowers at a time

E with cute neighbor friend

Favorite of the night...the huge crab!


Curtis picked out a huge firework that ended up being simply AMAZING!

The end result...and a few of them had warnings to douse immediately, since they tend to relight spontaneously!

Couldn't help but give the girlies tons of glowsticks!

Curtis' final meal in Utah this trip: he treated me to Five Guys...


No comments :

Post a Comment